PTA Minutes: October
Eugene Field A+ Elementary School PTA Meeting Minutes 10/2/18
In attendance: Greg Woods, Lisa Sullivan, Kelly M Blount, Kelly G Blount, Kristine Nelsen, Heidi Galer, Janean Michalov, Heather Miller, Reina Okawa, Robyn Ermster, Jamie Hill, Melanie Erickson, Heidi Lewis, Diana Grandgeorge, Linda McDaniel, Jaclyn Lange
Voluneer Hours: 70
Call to Order: Kristine Nelsen
Review and approval of May Minutes: Fix typo, correct spelling of Chelsea Flatten. Motion to approve with changes by Kelly M Blount, seconded by Lisa Sullivan
Prinicipal Report: Linda McDaniel and Jaclyn Lange
• Huge thanks on the Bond Issue vote. Arcitect Inc is working on building plans for the new high school.
• School Board meeting on 10/3 will discuss Bond Issue plans
• Thank you for the picture day help
• They are doing 1/2 day data digs with teachers
• Conferences are Thurs 10/4, Tues 10/9 and Thurs 10/11.
• 5/20/19 is the date for grades 1-5 to go to Skate City. Do to bussing pains, they will be doing a staggered arrival and dismissal.
Teacher Report: Diana Grandgeorge and Jamie Hill
• Conferences are coming up.
• Teachers asked about having a Book Fair Preview. This will be done during the day on Thurs 10/4. Asked about wish lists, this will be done again this year. New this year, each teacher gets $5 to use at book fair.
Treasurer Report: Lisa Sullivan
Current Balance: $9.811.43
• Fall Festival deposits are coming in, a few checks are still out.
Membership: Heidi Lewis
Current membership 48
• 6 of the staff members are members, each staff memebers that join PTA will get a Jean Day coupon and will be entered in a drawing for Spirit Wear.
• Plans for a classroom contest in October, class with most members will get a Ice Cream Sundae Party.
• Reminder, if you are comittee chairperson you need to be a paid member prior to your event taking place.
Spirit Wear: Greg Woods
• Back to School shop brought in 45 online orders.
• Fall Festival shop brought in 14 online orders.
• Holiday Shop will open around mid October and close around 11/26. Plans to have PJ Pants, hats, gloves, blankets, zip up vests/jackets.
• Do we want a new design?
Fall Festival/SmART Run: Kristine Nelsen
A cold but fun day. The kids loved the new options.
Reflections: Kristine Nelsen
• Kick off in October, enteries due on 11/20. Theme is Heroes Around Me
• Plan to bring the kids to the band/orchestra room by grade for kick off
Fall Conference Meals: Molly Wilson
• 10/4: Meatball subs/salads, rice krispie bars
• 10/9: Mexican
• 10/11: Soup/Salad
• Teachers would like food setup by 2:30pm, that way if they have conferences scheduled right at 3:00pm they will have a chance to eat.
Box Tops: Chelsea Flatten
If we send in at the end of October will will get a check by the end of the year.
5th Grade Paint the Plow: Showcase and Voting at the Empire Mall on 10/13.
• Finishing touches being done.
• Plow is to be picked up on 10/4
• Jodee Poppe will take over coordinating this next year.
Next meeting: 11/13, due to Band & Orchestra concert on 11/6
Motion to adjourn meeting by Janean Michalov, seconded by Lisa Sullivan.